Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie version for white 13" Intel Macbook with Leopard

A friend has this Macbook and was looking for the version that will work on this model. I have iLife 08 that has iMovie version 7 on it. I tried to custom install it but a message comes back saying "this version will not work on this computer"

Mac OS10.5.8

Duo core Intel

2 GB of ram

80gb HD (16GB space left. She will have to dump several GB to her external HD soon.)

She was given this computer from a friend and the original installed system was Tiger 10.4.11.

If she has the original install disks,can I install iMovie from there,then do updating to the latest version available from Apple for this model?

If not,where do I get the proper version that will work?

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 6:58 AM

Each version of iMovie is a separate purchase so there is no "upgrading" of versions.

Search the Web for a reseller of the retail iLife '08 suite of apps. iLife '09 may also work:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3876

2 replies

Jul 4, 2012 8:53 AM in response to Ross W

After posting my last message,I found my iLife 06 I had forgotten about.I just installed it and it does start up.

She has a few movies all in AVI format that will play in Quicktime with the latest version of Flip for Mac

I dragged an AVI movie into a new project window and it does play. This version is so much different than the new ones.I have iMovie 11 vers.9.01 on my Black Macbook that is much easier to use.

BTW. The iLife 08 version I tried to install iMovie from is a retail version I bought from the Apple store.

Doing get info says version 7 of iMovie.

iMovie version for white 13" Intel Macbook with Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.