Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can spam interfere with Apple's mail servers?

I have been receiving spam that causes Safari to crash on my iPad. Hard to delete, too.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1, Occurring on all devices

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 7:37 AM

5 replies

Jul 4, 2012 9:14 AM in response to PogoPossum

Actually, it did. Whenever one of these emails comes to my Yahoo! address, the Mail app starts having major trouble updating, and I can't move other emails. I opened Yahoo! in Safari and marked the email as Spam, then tried to open the Spam folder to get the Sender's address, Safari crashed. I tried three times. I finally just emptied the Spam folder without opening it and all of the problems, including the ones with the Mail app, disappeared. Therefor, it's not all that "impossible", rit?

Jul 4, 2012 4:18 PM in response to K'Shanti

Your post was not clear that your problem was accessing the webmail on a webpage. The problem was web-based - your implied that an incoming mail message to the Mail App was causing Safari to crash. If you had clarified it in your original explanation, I would have been able to offer you more help.

Your response was mighty sarcastic to an individual volunteering his help to you. Rest assured, I won't be offering you any in the future as you seem quite resentful of my taking the time to do so.

Jul 4, 2012 4:53 PM in response to PogoPossum

That's because that wasn't the problem. Web mail was the solution. I wasn't being sarcastic. Trust me, my sarcasm is more biting than that. I was feeling angry and insulted that someone would say my problem was impossible when I was looking right at it.

When I tried to be more concise, the site wouldn't let me enter the entire explanation. So maybe instead of trying to chide me for not entering my query the way that you would have preferred, you could have just asked a few questions without being condescending? Some of us aren't as computer-savvy as others, and may not know the exact way to explain our issues. Just because you've never encountered this problem doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Can spam interfere with Apple's mail servers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.