Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brightness icon appears at will

My New IPad brightness icon appears at will and stays on in the middle of the screen for several seconds, and at times, several minutes. I have tried turning on and off the brightness auto set. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the brightness setting. It seems to happen more often when the IPad is working. For example, when I do a google search, or start an app. It's driving me nuts!

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G (Verizon)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 9:12 AM

I suspect this has something to do with my Brookstone Bluetooth keypad. I turned on and off the IPad. The problem went away until I connected the keypad to it. The problem came back until I turned off the keypad. I'll keep playing around with it.

7 replies

Jul 4, 2012 8:12 AM in response to Clubnev

I have never heard of this happening to anyone until I read your post. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen - it's just a new one to me.

Try the basics and see if they help.

Restart the iPad by holding down on the sleep button until the red slider appears and then slide to shut off. To power up hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button.

Reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider - let go of the buttons.

Quit all apps and restart. Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the task bar will appear with all of your recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus ➖ sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button. Restart the iPad.

Sep 13, 2012 4:03 PM in response to Clubnev

Me too. I am glad I found your post. Brightness indicator at full and the icon is on all the time. I tried to manually turn down the brightness and it would return to full when I releases the slider. I use a Bluetooth audio speaker. I was out of range. I turned off Bluetooth and the icon went away. funny bug. John

Jan 27, 2014 3:26 PM in response to efusco

I just had a similar problem with iPad Air. I have an Apple BT keyboard. I went out of range, turned the iPad off and back on, and the icon was gone. I had tried turning it off and on before, and going to slider control, but couldn't make it go away. I googled and found this thread. Thank you so much for keeping this BT idea alive as a solution. Seems to have worked for me this time. Don't like the bug, but glad you folks are here with the solution... I hope.

Brightness icon appears at will

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.