Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Hangs on Completing Installation!!

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. I have downloaded the Windows support software to another CD and I have been trying to install the Windows 7. It partitions it fine and then it goes into the setup of Windows 7. It gets a check on every thing up to "Installing Updates" After that it reboots and starts the "Completing installation" The three dots will continue to go for a little bit but then after about 4 minutes it just freezes up. Nothing works. The mouse won't work and I can't click any buttons. So I have to hold down the power button. I have done this maybe 5 times. I have looked things up online about freezing and I try their suggestions but none work! I have been trying all day to get it to work but it won't. It is very weird! I try to run it in Safe Mode but it says that I can't do that and it makes me reboot it again in Windows. I am running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4; 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3; Mid 2010 model. I have enough memory to partition and enough left on Mac. Please help!

-Cameron

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 9:38 AM

1 reply

Oct 20, 2012 4:10 PM in response to CamMBales17

Hello.

I have the same problem. I try install windows for a 5 time from a different disc. But installation is hangs on Completing Instalation. I slove this problem. :

- After first hangs on , i'm load to mac os and format disck with windows from disc utility to FAT 32.

- Then load from CD with Windows and launch installation agan.

- After first reboot - load to MAC OS, edject CD and reboot to continion installation Windows.

AND its WORKS!

Maybe problem only in CD-ROM and after first reboot just only edject a CD, and it dont need a re-format disc

I am running Mac OS X Lion 10.8.2; 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 and 1TB HD; Mid 2010 model.

Sorry for my English.

Bootcamp Hangs on Completing Installation!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.