Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Game developing / Mac App Store sandboxing regulations

Hi,

About one year ago we (family with 2 sons) bought "Game Maker for Mac 7.5.83" from the Mac App Store and this was such a great experience for my older son! He was finally able to realize his game ideas under OS X after such a long period of frustration under Windows.

Now, after a year of work, he has some projects nearly completed, but now we had to learn that the regulations have changed and that these games can not be published via Mac App Store (Game Maker doesn't support Sandboxing), what he desired so much! :-(

Does anyone know, which alternative applications (following the sandboxing regulations) are suitable for making Games for the Mac App Store?

Our son is already beginning to learn a bit about Unity, but this route seems to be looong AND expensive... and a bit "overdimensioned" for his current projects... We really need a soon solution!

Many thanks!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 8:35 AM

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico my first language is Spanish. I do not speak English, however I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

Your son needs to join the Developer program. All the information that he needs is there, as well as, a developer community.

https://developer.apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2012 8:35 AM in response to coxorange

The Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico my first language is Spanish. I do not speak English, however I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture perhaps very very different from your own. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

Your son needs to join the Developer program. All the information that he needs is there, as well as, a developer community.

https://developer.apple.com

Game developing / Mac App Store sandboxing regulations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.