Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Drivers for a samsung external optical drive

Hi everyone

I have a Samsung external DVD writer model SE-S084 that I am really struggling to find the drivers for in order to use it with my macs mini. Can any one help please as I know it is compataible but the Samsung website is next to useless in trying to find the right download

Mac mini

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 6:59 PM

The SE-S084B does not support Mac OS X, see > SE-S084B_Eng.pdf or check the box and manual that came with it.

User uploaded file

Return it and choose a different model or brand that clearly supports Mac OS X, it will say so on both the box and in the System Requirement Spec's.

6 replies

Jul 4, 2012 7:13 PM in response to Westyblade

Hello, I can't see why Drivers would be needed at all!???

At the Apple Icon at top left>About this Mac, then click on More Info, then click on Hardware>Disk Burning & report what it says, like ...

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S222L:

Firmware Revision: SB02

Interconnect: ATAPI

Burn Support: Yes (Unsupported)

Profile Path: None

Cache: 2048 KB

Reads DVD: Yes

CD-Write: -R, -RW

DVD-Write: -R, -RAM, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL

Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes

Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes

Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO

Media:

Media Type: DVD-RW

Blank: Yes

Erasable: Yes

Overwritable: Yes

Appendable: Yes

Jul 4, 2012 9:39 PM in response to den.thed

Hi den.thd

Thanks for taking time out to reply.

The model I have is the SE -S084C which when I look at the Samsung support site it does say it is compatable with mac. But I cannot for the life of me see a link for the drivers. The Samsung website is looks all glitzy but appalling when it comes to basic stuff that it's supposed to do.

I bought this optical DVD writer for my daughter and she has lost the manual and software that came with it so unfortunately I can't swop it. Just wanted to load ms office for mac that I have the disks for

Jul 4, 2012 9:43 PM in response to BDAqua

Hi BD Aqua

I have assumed I need drivers because when I plug the Samsung kit into the mac mini USB and load any disks the drive just whirs around a bit and the mac can't read or see anything on the disks

The mac sees the drive in finder but that's it really.

Sorry don't understand the point you kindly took time out to make with detail you supplied in your post, i would be grateful if could you expand please

Drivers for a samsung external optical drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.