Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac display options florfed

My wife has a 24-inch iMac, Late 2006 model. Until recently, Displays gave an option for several screen sizes — like Goldilocks’ porridge, one was too big (type too small for her to read), one was too small (type too big), and one just right.

Recently — I think after the last software update (she’s running Lion 10.7.4) the good one disappeared. She now has only two choices for resolution — 1920 x 1200 (which makes the type too small for her to conveniently read) and 960 x 600 (which makes everything much too big).

Anyone have any ideas about how to get the good resolution back? There should be more choices than this ...

-Lofty

iMac (24-inch), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 5:56 PM

I'm not sure about the technical term "florfed" ... 🙂 ... This problem has been raised in other posts on the forum. The problem has been opened with Apple and I would bet that the next update to 10.7.5 will fix this problem.😎 However, I do reserve the right to be wrong. I find that prudent. 😀

1 reply

iMac display options florfed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.