Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will AppleTV save those photos to play even if my laptop is not .. at that time switchen on ? Brig

please explain how those gadgets atuallly work....

has it got a memory, does it need to be connected to play my photos ?? etc. work ?

and why can Apple TV play content from my macbook intantly ..but seems to download a rented

Movie , it stop dead takes ages to ... backup ? content again ?? instead of playing it .or .Mirroring

like it does with other clips I have available to view ???

thanks

Brig

Apple TV (3rd generation), Mac OS X (10.6.5), iTv & iPad

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 6:20 PM

There is no accessible storage, only a small flash drive for buffering streamed content and a select amount of photos for the screensaver.

If you want to view your photo library or stream local iTunes content you need a computer on.

A movie streamed from your MB is over the local network. Renting on the Apple TV is streaming via the internet. For instant playback you need 6mbps (for 720p) and 8mbps (for 1080p). Check speedtest.net

As there is no accessible drive, if you access other content while your film is loading it will be flushed and require a reload.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2012 6:20 PM in response to brigfromql

There is no accessible storage, only a small flash drive for buffering streamed content and a select amount of photos for the screensaver.

If you want to view your photo library or stream local iTunes content you need a computer on.

A movie streamed from your MB is over the local network. Renting on the Apple TV is streaming via the internet. For instant playback you need 6mbps (for 720p) and 8mbps (for 1080p). Check speedtest.net

As there is no accessible drive, if you access other content while your film is loading it will be flushed and require a reload.

will AppleTV save those photos to play even if my laptop is not .. at that time switchen on ? Brig

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.