Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you help with D-link and two airport express stations

I currently run a Dlink 604 wireless and 1 Airport express for iTunes in my front room.

A Express is also linked to the Dlink via a cable.

All works fine - G4 dual running OS x 10.3.9

I would like help with a couple of things please:-
1. I have no current security on my Express, so anybody can use the net connection through it. How do I change this and still be able to use my tower and laptop?

2. I have a second Express from work that I would like to use upstairs. It does work but requires me to swap the network to use it for iTunes and then I have no internet.
It was formatted at work so has different ip numbers etc.
Can I make this station join my exisitng network?
As my lap top is wireless will I be able to surf through it upstairs?

Thanks

JohnO

Posted on Mar 18, 2006 4:02 AM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2006 7:11 PM in response to john owen2

1. You need to open the Express's configuration in Airport Admin Utility and change the Wireless Security settings to WEP or, preferably, WPA or WPA2. When you attempt to connect to the network from your computers, you will be prompted for the password.

2. The easiest thing to do is to hard reset the second Express and then use the Airport Setup Assistant to configure the second Express to join and extend the first Express's network. To do a hard reset, hold down the reset button until the LED starts flashing rapidly.

BTW, I know it can work because I have the exact same setup (D-Link DI-604 and two Expresses in an extended wireless network).

Can you help with D-link and two airport express stations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.