Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i transfer content from my ipod touch to my new PC's iTunes?

I recently purchased a new laptop. I wanted to know how I can transfer all my content from my ipod touch to my new PC.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 3:42 PM

2 replies

Jul 4, 2012 4:40 PM in response to Adam_Chapman

Sync is only oneway, from PC to your device. Unless you have the music on your PC, iTunes is going to wipe out what you have on your device if you are syncing to a new library.

Best thing is to copy your iTunes library folder and related media files from your old computer to the new one.

Refer to these articles:

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

iTunes: Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

Jul 4, 2012 4:41 PM in response to Adam_Chapman

Ideally you would have backed up the library from your old comupter on a regular basis, and have restored that library to your new computer...

You should be able to:

• Backup the device to the new installation
  • Transfer your purchases into a newly authorized library
  • Recover any other media using third party tools as suggested in this post
  • Restore the device from the backup

This process should switch the association of the device to the new library, preserving the data and settings in your apps.

May also be prudent to attempt a backup to iCloud directly from the device before you start... Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > iCloud Backup > On. It won't save any media but it would preserve the general account settings and documents in case anything goes wrong while you are trying to extract your other data.

When you get it all fixed, make a backup!

tt2

How do i transfer content from my ipod touch to my new PC's iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.