Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I HAD MY MACBOOK MEMORY CLEARED AND CANNOT UPLOAD MY IPHOTO ANYMORE

I recently had my macbook memory cleared and reset to all default settings. I was advised to back up all my personal documents and data as everything will be cleared. However, due to some technical issue (and one of the reason for memory wipe) i had to manually backup important documents, which were my itune, iphoto, and uni assignments.

After i my macbook had been wiped and returned to default settigns i began to reinstalled the documents i had backed up on my external hard drive. However, when i came to open iphoto it was saying i had to download it from the app store?? when i looked on the app store it was asking for me to buy iphotos for over £10 !! i was not aware i would have to buy this feature as i never originally bought the feature when i first got my macbook. without downloading iphoto i cannot access my photos which was the main thing i wanted to save as these are personal memories of me and my children.

Can anyone help me with this issue as i do not feel i should buy iphoto just so i can recover my own photographs, i have already paid for the memory wipe as it was strongly advised by the technician, who also helped me back up my documents in the store (which took 4 hours). I am correct in thinking that iphoto originally came as standard on my macbook when i bought it in 2009 or will i be required to purchase this and download it again??

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 6:09 PM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2012 6:55 PM in response to KellMurf

Your post says you have a late 2009 MacBook with OS X 10.6.8. With the MacBook, you received 2 gray-faced OS X disks, one with the system programs and one with application programs. The application program disk will have iPhoto on it, so you would re-install it from there. See this Apple note on how to reinstall iPhoto.

I HAD MY MACBOOK MEMORY CLEARED AND CANNOT UPLOAD MY IPHOTO ANYMORE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.