4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 3:47 AM by Winston Churchill
Enia Lee Level 1 Level 1

I can't select the iCloud icon on Settings. It's greyed-over,  so I also can't register my new iPad. I dont have Twitter acct but the Twitter icon on the Settings is also greyed-over. This is my only Apple product. Help pls. I want to maximize my iPad. Thanks!

The new ipad, iOS 5.1.1
Solved by mende1 on Jul 6, 2012 3:37 AM Solved

Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Manage Storage

Reply by Winston Churchill on Jul 5, 2012 6:05 AM Helpful

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Check settings > general > restrictions, if Restrictions are enabled either disable them or make sure that changes are allowed to accounts.

Reply by Winston Churchill on Jul 6, 2012 3:47 AM Helpful

So far as apps are concerned, none of them are actually stored in your iCloud storage allocation, your iTunes account keeps a history of them and allows you to redownload them at any time should you need/wish to.

If you enable document syncing, all your iWork documents are stored in the cloud that are on your mobile devices, you would need to add any documents you wanted to add from your Mac at iCloud.com where you can also see which documents are stored in the cloud.

All replies

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Check settings > general > restrictions, if Restrictions are enabled either disable them or make sure that changes are allowed to accounts.

• Enia Lee Level 1 Level 1

Thanks! I tinkered on the settings and found the solution but thanks for responding. This is indeed the answer. I got an email from icloud. Now another probably stupid question, how will I know what apps, docs, or anything from my iPad are now in the cloud? Will I know whats inside or I will only know if I plug another apple device?

• mende1 Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.desktops
    Desktops

Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Manage Storage

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

So far as apps are concerned, none of them are actually stored in your iCloud storage allocation, your iTunes account keeps a history of them and allows you to redownload them at any time should you need/wish to.

If you enable document syncing, all your iWork documents are stored in the cloud that are on your mobile devices, you would need to add any documents you wanted to add from your Mac at iCloud.com where you can also see which documents are stored in the cloud.