Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 17' late 2006 Screen unusable

I Have a 17' iMac 2006 It has had lines in it for a while and i have called Apple Support and they have not helped me at all

and no my entire screen has went out it makes it imposible to do anything I am having to try to use my dads Macbook to

do my College homework can anyone help me I have even emailed Tim Cook hoping for somthing.

Thank You

iMac (17-inch Late 2006), Mac OS X (10.7.4), With crapy screen lines

Posted on Jul 4, 2012 9:46 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2012 6:26 AM in response to CCJ261

Tim,

The display or graphics card for the computer is failing. If you want to invest in getting it repaired you will need to take to an Apple Store or AASP for service. However I think you will quickly find it's time to replace the machine. If the machine has a minidvi port on it then you can connect an external display and use that display, however if the issue is the graphics card you will get the same lines. If you decide to replace the computer you can purchase an Apple refurbished machine for a discounted price from Apple's online store.

iMac 17' late 2006 Screen unusable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.