Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer of Mobile Me Gallery

How can I stop this from happening? Any help appreciated. Every time I open an iPhoto Library it downloads ALL of my albums AGAIN. Thanks for help - Marilyn

G4, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 3:42 AM

To keep iPhoto from immediately starting to download again, when you launch it, simply go offline - turn off your Wi-fi or unplug your Ethernet, before you lauch iPhoto.

1. Then go to the iPhoto Preferences and open the "Accounts" preference pane.
  2. Delete the MobileMe account.
  3. Quit iPhoto and connect again to the Internet.

Log out off MobileMe (System Preferences > Mobile Me)

Regards

Léonie

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2012 3:42 AM in response to mmcgreal

To keep iPhoto from immediately starting to download again, when you launch it, simply go offline - turn off your Wi-fi or unplug your Ethernet, before you lauch iPhoto.

1. Then go to the iPhoto Preferences and open the "Accounts" preference pane.
  2. Delete the MobileMe account.
  3. Quit iPhoto and connect again to the Internet.

Log out off MobileMe (System Preferences > Mobile Me)

Regards

Léonie

Jul 5, 2012 3:52 AM in response to léonie

Leonie,

Perhaps you can also help me with the albums which appear to have downloaded and appear in iPhono as an event however each one shows "zero" photos in the album - I double click on it and still no pics there, so how do I get rid of these from my iPhoto events listing? Hope this makes sense

Regards Marilyn

Jul 5, 2012 4:54 AM in response to mmcgreal

Marilyn,

the albums which appear to have downloaded and appear in iPhono as an event however each one shows "zero" photos in the album

I can only tell you what to do in iPhoto 9.3, since I no longer have an older version. Your version probably is different, if your signature is correct (G4, Mac OS X (10.5.2))?

What I see after downloading is a folder "From MobileMe" with a set of albums in iPhoto - each album corresponding to one MM gallery, and one big event "From MobileMe", containing all downloaded images. It is save to delete all albums in the "From MobileMe" folder; i.e. if each of these albums is empty.

I am not sure if you see empty albums or events - your question is not quite clear to me. If you delete empty events, it cannot hurt, unless you have hidden photos inside. Enable to show "Hidden Photos" in the "View" menu. If the event "From MobileMe" is indeed empty, yiu can delete that as well.

To delete albums or events select them, ctrl-click them, select "Delete album" (or "Delete event") from the pop-up menu.

If your iPhoto version is different from mine, then it would be safer to post this part of your question as a new question.

Cheers

Léonie

Jul 5, 2012 5:08 AM in response to léonie

Once again, thanks for taking the time to attempt to solve this problem. I don't think I'll worry about it. Something strange appears to have happened.

22 Albums (which was the total number of albums) were downloaded from MobileMe -- so that's great. No photos have been lost. Each album shows the photos so that too is great. This listing appears (as you said) in the column to the left as "From MobileMe". So that's great.

My quandry was that when I select EVENTS at the top of the listing under LIBRARY - there are 8 extra events showing. Each of these albums are from MobileMe but no photos in any. And no matter what I do I can't delete the event.

Don't ask me why just that 8 showed up (the names are the same as 8 of the 22) so as I say, I think I'll just ignore them. I haven't lost any photos - and I can't think of any reasonable eplanation. A mystery possibly.

Regards Marilyn

Transfer of Mobile Me Gallery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.