Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image disappears when working at 100%

Google Translate:

I recently discovered that Aperture 3.3 to work with full size images (100%) produces an error that makes the image disappear. It happens to use the "Retouch" 100% of the size of the image. Leave a picture to see what I mean.

User uploaded file

Any idea how to fix it?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 4:52 AM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2012 5:23 AM in response to iHeylen

That's not right 🙂 .

It looks as though Aperture is using the Brush Overlay "Brush Strokes". Brush Overlays are not available with the Retouch Brush, and should not show.

I'd try the following (but I'm just guessing):

- Reboot (this sometimes resets minor UI misbehavior)

- With the same Image in the Viewer, select another Adjustment (e.g.: Dodge), bring up the Brush HUD, click the Action Menu (the gear, upper right), try each of the Brush Overlays, and finally leave the Brush Overlay set to "None". Then delete the Adjustment Brick you were using (e.g.: Dodge; just click the Brick's Title Bar and then press "{Delete}").

If neither of the above returns your Retouch tool back to proper behavior, you'll have to start your way through the official trouble-shooting steps. Be sure to do the one in which you reset your user preferences.

Jul 5, 2012 5:48 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Google Translate:

I've tried your advice and the problem remains the same. Entriendo have an appearance of "Brush Overlay" but it has nothing to do. Another screenshot attached, you can see the entire image does not disappear, but a part of it and always when working with the photo at 100% size, not otherwise.

User uploaded file

The problem also appears when working in full screen (F).

User uploaded file

I also probrado Repair Permissions and Aperture Repair Database and nothing. I searched the Internet and I am not alone with this problem.

Jul 5, 2012 6:08 AM in response to iHeylen

Is the problem the area on the right side of the Viewer?

Does the problem have nothing to do with the location of the Brush?

Does the problem area show at 100% until you activate the Retouch Brush, and then it becomes blank?

What is your hardware, including graphic card?

iHeylen wrote:

I searched the Internet and I am not alone with this problem.

Did you find any advice?

Also:

What is the small icon in the lower right of your screen-shots? I can't make it out.

User uploaded file

Jul 5, 2012 7:55 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Google Translate:

Hello!

First of all thank you for your attention and prompt response.

The problem may be both right and left, has nothing to do with the location of the brush.

Indeed, the area is shown perfectly until activated the brush. Once activated disappears a part of the image.

Left:

User uploaded fileç

Right:

User uploaded file

As a novelty, I discovered that the bug is related with the tool "Flip". If you have previously made ​​an edition with this tool is when the error, if you turn off the error disappears.

However, I read other users indicate that they would about other tools like "Shadows and Highlight." I've tried and now is not my case (although I have not tried all the tools).

My team is the one in the picture:

User uploaded file

The icon referenced I think it is indicating that the image has edits:

User uploaded file

Any idea how to fix it? Have you the same problem?

Again, thank you.

Image disappears when working at 100%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.