Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My power adapter cable (MB Pro 15) is flailing at the strain relief, computer side. In the USA there has been a class action lawsuit and a settlement but I am in the UK. Is there any action in the UK or EU to obtain replacements or compensation?

Hi all,

The power adapter cable of my MacBook Pro 15 inch, late 2011 model, is flailing at the strain relief, computer side.

It looks almost exactly like this: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4127 (except the connector is the tube shaped one, and the cut in the plastic is along the length as well as around the cable).

In the USA there has been a class action lawsuit and a settlement but I am in the UK. Is there any action in the UK or EU to obtain replacements or compensation?

Or is there a way to just obtain a replacement cable, without forking out for the whole power suply?

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, I also use Mac OS 10.7 sometimes.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 3:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 3:18 AM

Go to an Apple store & see what they say.

2 replies

Jul 5, 2012 3:21 AM in response to VFGC

The photo looks like one of the older MagSafe adapters, not the 't'-shape that shipped with 2011 models. I would imagine that if you took it into an Apple Store they would just tell you that it was damaged. I doubt that they would replace it.

However, I don't work for Apple and, were I in your shoes, I'd take my MBP with the adapter into an Apple Store and kindly ask if the adapter is covered under warranty (if you're still in your warranty period or under AppleCare). If it's not, be prepared to buy a new one.

Good luck,

Clinton

My power adapter cable (MB Pro 15) is flailing at the strain relief, computer side. In the USA there has been a class action lawsuit and a settlement but I am in the UK. Is there any action in the UK or EU to obtain replacements or compensation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.