Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I discover the password of my Airbase Statation Snow (dual ethernet), I bought used and came up with a configuration but not the seller sent me the password.

How do I discover the password of my Airbase Statation Snow (dual ethernet), I bought used and came up with a configuration but not the seller sent me the password.

eMac G4/1.25 (USB 2.0)-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4.11), M9461LL/A

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 4:54 AM

5 replies

Jul 5, 2012 4:59 AM in response to applein

You can reset the password by taking a paperclip, and poking the reset hole near the ports while it is plugged in. Note, if I recall, the Snow was not Extreme capable. As such you won't get better than WEP security, unless it says it is Extreme compatible. These have easily been hacked, and if you are within 150 feet of someone who may hack it, you are better off just connecting to it wired. Similarly, if your Mac has an original Airport card, it is better hooked up wired to a LAN port of an Airport base station. You'll want WPA2 encryption if you really want a secure wireless connection, and 802.11g or better at that.

Aug 10, 2012 5:50 PM in response to a brody

I got using these steps:

Hard reset

A hard reset removes current settings from the base station. You must then connect to the base station using the AirPort Admin Utility and upload AirPort 2.0 or later software to return the base station to its default settings. A base station in a hard reset mode is only accessible through the LAN port, not via wireless connections.

To perform a hard reset:

1. Unplug the power adapter.
  2. Press and hold the reset button.
  3. Plug in the power adapter.
  4. Release the reset button after at least two seconds total have elapsed (including the time required to plug in the power adapter while keeping the reset button depressed).

The middle LED blinks at a rate of once every second while in hard reset mode.

He said to hold two seconds including call on force rather than thirty seconds to say Apple's official procedures.

The complete procedure is at this site:

http://davidthegeek.blogspot.com.br/2007/08/resetting-airport-base-station-dual. html

Nothing I read about the procedure to recover the password were valid, only this was the correct one.

how do I discover the password of my Airbase Statation Snow (dual ethernet), I bought used and came up with a configuration but not the seller sent me the password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.