Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CANNOT buy photo book from Aperture 3.3.1

I've created a photobook using Aperture 3 and went to submit it for buying

After logging in at the first screen

> I reconfirmed my password, answered my security question, entered date of birth

> Accepted terms and conditions

> Entered billing information

> Entered shipping information (which is exactly the same as billing, though I didnt tick the option box, because of the following reason)

Pressed save and then I get a message:

"Please try again later"

There was no other error message, doesn't tell me whats wrong or anything else

I noticed 2 other Aperture users also having a similar problem, but their posts didnt receive any solution, so I decided to post my own

Please help out if you know of any ideas/solutions

Thanks in advance

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 6:11 AM

18 replies

Jul 6, 2012 4:59 AM in response to Thomas Emmerich

Yes, I have read about this 'solution' before, but I have tried numerous times over a period of several days-weeks over the course of 4 hours (8pm-12am Australian time).

If the server was down, I doubt it would be down every single time I tried...And I also highly doubt that the book must be submitted during standard business hours of the US

Any other ideas Thomas? Does Apple technical support personel ever look at these discussion forums?

Jul 9, 2012 8:16 AM in response to henc218

I've run into this before as well, although I can't remember the details exactly. One of the following errors was when I was either purchasing a book or something from iTunes, I just don't remember what went with what:

a. The password for my account wasn't up to Apple's new standards. After I "upgraded" my password all was well. Even though I got no warning about a substandard password when logging in and out during troubleshooting, the new password fixed it.

b. My billing address contained my 9 digit zip code and even though I got no warning or error about being invalid I could not purchase anything until I entered just my 5 digit zip code.

Weird I know, but these things corrected problems for me in the past.

Jul 10, 2012 6:34 AM in response to henc218

Hello,

I've had this problem, though with iPhoto, a couple of weeks ago.

What I found out is the following:

In System Preferences, Language & Text, Formats: Region must be set to the country you are in.

In many cases (for instance if you have adjusted the way time or date should be shown), Region has changed to "Custom" and apparently that confuses the store where you try to order your photo book.

If you, temporarily, change Region to the country you are in, it might solve the problem.

Kind regards,

emeu1

Oct 24, 2012 1:53 PM in response to henc218

Same issue ordering photo prints with error message

- Please try again later -

Solved as follows:

1. reset password (appleid.apple.com) according to Apple standards (i.e. they will let you know)

2. security question answers had to 6 characters or longer (oddly without saying so Apple...?)

Thats it. I really hate when things like this happens, you spend hours on blog sites when, really, I should be doing, well, something else..)

Nov 20, 2012 9:03 PM in response to henc218

I had the same problem: when trying to log in with my existing Apple ID, I was presented with a pre-filled new account page, tried to complete it but would always fail to proceed at some point ("try again later"). I figured out something was wrong with my account, but couldn't guess what before reading this post. It seems the problem was that my answer to one of the three security questions was too short. I changed it on appleid.apple.com, and then could log into Aperture. So annoying the system wouldn't say I had to change it!

Dec 4, 2012 10:21 AM in response to henc218

I had the same problem with Aperture 3.1.3 on Snow Leopard. I had to follow a couple of these answers! I had to both reset my Apple ID security questions to all have answers of 6 characters or more, AND change my region in System Preferences > Language & Text > Formats > Region to the same country as my shipping and/or billing address. I also changed my Apple ID password to follow the new security guidelines, but I'm not sure if this step was required.

Thanks to everyone posting what worked for them--I wouldn't get my book without you!

Dec 13, 2012 8:50 AM in response to henc218

While my situation is with ordering prints, and not books, through Aperture 3.4.3, I thought I'd add my experience in the event that the process is similar or the same and the jobs are uploaded to similar, or the same place(s)

I had a total of 180 picture I wanted to print. This full job failed several times - "Connection could not be . . .Please try again later." I don't remember the exact message, but it is the same as the others receive. Afew weeks agao, I took a batch of 71 or 72, of the 180, and the job completed successfully. Today, I first tried 99 of the remaining prints, which failed, then backed down to 89, and it succeeded. I then sent another batch with the remaining prints and it completed successfully. I checked region and ID info, but not security question responses, I'll admit, and it all looked OK.

I did some quick math and determined that the job that failed estimated to be about 60MB. The job that succeeded (89) was les than 55MB. So, in summary, I had success by reducing my job size, and keeping all other things equal, but am still not clear if it is the job size and/or print size (mine were not mixed, all 4x6) that presented a limitation. Or maybe, still it was something else.

Regardless, for those of you, and me eventually, wanting to send a book to print, if this is a job size limitation, it is a joke. I'm fairly sure I have seen complaints of this sort with iPhoto going back to 2007. The strange thing is, that there doesn't sem to be any definitive answers from Apple, or the media, or anyone about what causes this, and/or if/when it will/might be fixed. Very odd. Maybe it's just me, but since this is supposed to be a Pro App, and Pros would never tolerate this ambiguity, where do they/you all go for this kid of printing instead? I haven't heard much of that either. Very, very strange.

CANNOT buy photo book from Aperture 3.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.