Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.mov files converting to .wmv - only converting 30 secs.

I have purchased quicktime pro 7 and am trying to convert .mov files to .wmv files but it is only converting 30 seconds of the video?

Surely in purchasing Quicktime Pro 7 I have bought the rights to this?

Any help?

Please and thank you

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:41 AM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2012 7:22 AM in response to annasadler

I have purchased quicktime pro 7 and am trying to convert .mov files to .wmv files but it is only converting 30 seconds of the video?

Surely in purchasing Quicktime Pro 7 I have bought the rights to this?

1) Wrong. Keying QT 7 for "Pro" use only unlocks the editing and conversion options built into the QT 7 Player app. It does not add any new codec components to your system configuration. MWV is a codec developed and owned by Microsoft and you can only purchase the right to use this product from Microsoft or its authorized Mac product distributor Flip4Mac (Telestream).

2) If you wish to purchase use of one of the advanced export codec products and do not already have the free WMV Flip4Mac software installed, you can either

a) Download and install the free base software from either the Microsoft or Flip4Mac website and upgrade to one of the advanced codec packages in the Preference Panel, or

b) Purchase and install one of the advanced codec packages directly from the Flip4Mac website.

User uploaded file

May 26, 2015 9:46 PM in response to annasadler

From Adobe forum, i find a simply solution to convert MOV to WMV or AVI just as below:

“Many of my friends use Faasoft to convert MOV to WMV with high video quality.

Today i just have a try and find it really works great.

You can get it and the step by step guide at here How to MOV to WMV, AVI, on Mac or Windows computer.

The output quality is fantastic and the conversion speed is amazing.

Hope it is can help you more or less”

.mov files converting to .wmv - only converting 30 secs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.