Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whats wrong with my Ipod??

My ipod's volume started acting up yesterday

it kept going down on its own and after a while the light started to dim and flicker.

This morning the light was so dim It didnt look like my ipod was on at all!

and the volume was still acting funny.

but the thing is It seem's like its fine now?

is it likely that it'll act up again? what should I do?

I'm planning on resetting it aswell just to be safe?

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 8:49 AM

That is most likely a fault of the iPod, not something you did. Try backing it up to the computer and restoring it to factory settings, which resets the iPod to the condition it came in when you first bought it. Then restore it from the earlier backup and all your purchased content will be restored, except you won't have your app data(e.g. Progress and saved games. The apps will be back, but it will be as though you just downloaded them.)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2012 8:49 AM in response to Angely1532

That is most likely a fault of the iPod, not something you did. Try backing it up to the computer and restoring it to factory settings, which resets the iPod to the condition it came in when you first bought it. Then restore it from the earlier backup and all your purchased content will be restored, except you won't have your app data(e.g. Progress and saved games. The apps will be back, but it will be as though you just downloaded them.)

Jul 9, 2012 6:52 AM in response to Angely1532

Ok I actually just restored my iPod yesterday to factory condition and, bizarrely, not a SINGLE THING was lost. Not game progress, photos, no nothing was gone or even corrupted. The only thing was my password had been reset and some apps were in the wrong folder, but other than that all glitches had been fixed and nothing was gone, so if this happens for you, restoring the iPod would definitely be worth it.

Whats wrong with my Ipod??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.