Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download Apps to my computer and then transfer to an IPOD touch 4th generation?

I'm thinking about purchasing an IPOD Touch, 8 GB 4th Generation. I have Internet acces via Time Warner Roadrunner and my Dell Computer has Windows 7 Professional as an operating system. My questions are:

(1) If I purchase this IPOD will I be able to download Apps without any problems?

(2) Is there a way to transfer these Apps from my computer to the IPOD?

(3) Are there any good Apps for keeping track of foods (calorie content), weight, etc.?

(4) Can I check my hotmail account for emails in my car or anywhere I may be?

(5) I know many Apps are free; however, what are the prices for different music?

(6) What kind of accessories would anyone recommend for this IPOD?

Any other information that might be helpful to me would be appreciated?

Abednego2

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 7:44 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2012 8:05 AM in response to Abednego2

(1) If I purchase this IPOD will I be able to download Apps without any problems?

Yes, AS LONG AS you are connected to a working Wi-Fi network that is connected to the Internet.

(2) Is there a way to transfer these Apps from my computer to the IPOD?

Yes. See here: Syncing and arranging apps from the App Store

(3) Are there any good Apps for keeping track of foods (calorie content), weight, etc.?

Yes. Search the App Store or do some research via Google regarding google calorie tracking apps.

(4) Can I check my hotmail account for emails in my car or anywhere I may be?

You can only check for email when your iPod is connected to a working Wi-Fi network. It does not use a cellular data connection like an iPhone or 3G/4G iPad can.

(5) I know many Apps are free; however, what are the prices for different music?

Songs prices vary. Any where from free to a couple of dollars. You'll have to just look around the Music Store to get a better feel for the pricing model.

(6) What kind of accessories would anyone recommend for this IPOD?

Definitely a case of some sort that will protect it from scratches or further damage if dropped. That's about all I will offer though. 😉

Any other information that might be helpful to me would be appreciated?

8 GB isn't that much storage space especially after you consider that some of that is taken up by iOS and take into consideration how storage capacity is reported. You'll only have about roughly 6.5 GB of free space to use. So if possible, I would purchase the version with the next highest capacity at 32 GB.

B-rock

Can I download Apps to my computer and then transfer to an IPOD touch 4th generation?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.