Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 4g sync stops responding

I can no longer sync my calendar and contacts to Outlook. When the sync starts it moves along fine until it gets to the contacts, and then iTunes moves to "not responding" in task manager. Then sync moves on to calendars, still showing "not responding", and then finally completes, although it has not synced either the contacts or calendar. It's as if iTunes cannot connect to Outlook? I've tried enabling and disabling the iTunes add-in in Outlook and neither seem to matter. Help. 😟

iPod touch

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 8:10 AM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2012 10:45 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks - found it under Edit (I'm using Windows). Unfortunately that did not seem to help anything - I clicked on 'reset', clicked ok, then 'sync', and still no contacts or calendars. I did it again too, and got the same result. My Task manager still shows iTunes as "not responding" when it gets to the step of syncing contacts and syncing calendars.

Jul 5, 2012 12:22 PM in response to lllaass

That link took me down many paths, and I may have finally found something helpful. Here is an entry from C:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Application Data\Apple Computer\Logs\DeviceLink: 14:46:55.828|AppleMobileDeviceHelper.exe|4004:15919632|AppleMobileDeviceHelper. m:_getClientForTargetIdentifier| ERROR: Exception ISyncServerUnavailableException getting sync client: Timed out waiting for the sync server.

What is the sync server, and where does it reside? It it local to my laptop, or is it on the corporate exchange server i'm trying to sync with?

iPod touch 4g sync stops responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.