Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app crashing at launch after update... (app store bug?)

okay this might be it ... I read a couple of articles earlier today reporting app store issues like here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406710,00.asp

... so a couple of minutes ago I updated an

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 9:37 AM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2012 9:39 AM in response to arrow7

there were some issues posting (error) so here's the rest of my post:

... so a few of minutes ago I updated an app that worked perfectly well before the update and here we are, it's does exactly this, it crashes as soon as I launch it. The app icon just flashes very shortly, and that's it. Probably doesn't matter but the app is called lensflare. I deleted it and re-installed it, same thing, it just crashes repeatedly.

So what's the word guys, stop updating and installing anything until the issue is solved? thanks.

Jul 5, 2012 10:03 AM in response to arrow7

I tried deleting through iTunes, after deleting the app from my iPhone. Doesn't work, I'm getting an error message telling me the app has an issue (error 8324). So the only way out was to sync the old version of the app. Strangely, the new version size is supposed to be smaller than the old one, doesn't mean much but this rarely happens.

app crashing at launch after update... (app store bug?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.