Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 water damage speakers not working...

Ok do recently my iPhone speakers haven't been working. They work when you call but when you wanna listen to music it doesn't work. I went to apple and the guy told me the water sensor was activated something like that...he didn't tell me what exactly was wrong with my phone, he told me I could buy a new iPhone for $149. I want to know for anybody who has drop there phone in water what was broken was it the audio jack or the speaker system??? Don't tell my to get to the apple store and ask them for the a new phone ive done it twice and they won't give a new phone because I don't have the apple care warranty. I want to know what exactly is broken so I can get it fixed for a better price.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 10:03 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2012 10:11 AM in response to Ccangel1001

Nobody here can tell you exactly what is wrong because many different things could be wrong. It could even be neither the audio jack nor the speaker but some bit of circuitry inside.

I haven't heard of a limit on the number of times you can get a phone replaced out of warranty. You just said they guy said you could get it replaced.

If somebody is going to have to troubleshoot then figure out labor for them to do that, and then labor and parts to actually repair the phone. I doubt you'll beat $149.

iPhone 4 water damage speakers not working...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.