Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlink my gmail from my iphone?

I am passing along my phone to someone else but can't seem to unlink my gmail account from the mail app. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:18 PM

You should have a DELETE option at the bottom of the page when you go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>[account you want to delete]

3 replies

Sep 29, 2013 2:32 AM in response to amandafrombc

haha friend don't be doing so stupid job is not like this way to solve your problem please don't delete any contacts account to be so called unlinked other wise you will lost your all account after you deleted to unlinked.

it is very simple way to solve your problem it just few click you can add on any gmail or hotmail linked with icloud even you wanna stay only icloud account from your phone book step anable or disable hotmail, yahoo or gmail account please following the step accordingly

iOS 7.0.2

go to SETTING

go to Mail, Contacts, calendar.

now all your account are display accordingly select and press any of your email address that you wanna enable or disable in Contacts option turn on or turn it off that is so simple no needed to doind a stupid work for deleting any of your important contacts number please take note

Good Luck

How do I unlink my gmail from my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.