Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I do a cube transition for a PIP only?

I am trying to have a picture in picture ( PIP) appear through a cube transition, but I only want the relevant part ( being occupied by the PIP) of the video to flip. In other words, the cube transition relies on the outgoing video and incoming video to fill two sides of the cube. As it rotates the outgoing video leaves on one side of the cube with the incoming appearing on the other side of the cube. When I apply the transition, it is flipping the whole screen and not just the small part where the PIP appears. I hope I managed to explain myself. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Final Cut Pro X-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 5:51 PM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2012 7:06 PM in response to dsimagry

Thanks for the quick response. What I am trying to describe is similar. In your example the outgoing clip is a different clip. In other words, I think you used three clips. What I am trying to do is have the outgoing clip peel of the larger full screen clip ( in your example the chef cooking) and as the cube turns the new clip appears. Is that clearer?

Thanks

Jul 5, 2012 9:24 PM in response to dsimagry

This looks like the effect I am going for. Is there an easy way for you to try and explain what you did? I know how to create a compound clip, but I am not sure where to start in terms of layering what on top of what and where to apply the transition. Hopefully you can give it a crack at trying to explain it.

Thanks

Jul 6, 2012 1:34 AM in response to dsimagry

Hello to you dsimagry, I loved viewing what you had sent. I am a newbie and had initiated this reply with an intention of requesting you to make a screen recording of what you have described so that newcomers may see and learn.

Or else you may please suggest some site which shows how to get this done.

Thanks in advance.

DR.SOMANNA

How do I do a cube transition for a PIP only?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.