Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning Support

Hi,

I have recently purchased Airport Express and found out that it does not wirelessly support scanning functionality on my All in One printer. Wanted to know, whether Time Capsule supports printing+scanning functioanlity.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 6:14 PM

Advanced features like copy, scan, maintenance, etc are not supported at the USB port on any of the Apple routers, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, Apple can only use the drivers that are furnished to them by the printer manufacturers.

I know of no manufacturers who have developed full function drivers for use at the Network USB port location. Most manufacturers do have full support for a wireless connection and also Ethernet to an All-in-One device.

The moral of the story here.....if you want your All-in-One to function on a network, you need to make sure to get a network All-in-One device, not a USB device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2012 6:14 PM in response to Viraj Toronto

Advanced features like copy, scan, maintenance, etc are not supported at the USB port on any of the Apple routers, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, Apple can only use the drivers that are furnished to them by the printer manufacturers.

I know of no manufacturers who have developed full function drivers for use at the Network USB port location. Most manufacturers do have full support for a wireless connection and also Ethernet to an All-in-One device.

The moral of the story here.....if you want your All-in-One to function on a network, you need to make sure to get a network All-in-One device, not a USB device.

Scanning Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.