Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring New music from iPod Nano (3rd Gen)

My old computer was stolen. But I still have my iPod with all the music from that computer. How do I get the songs off my iPod, and onto a new computer? When I select my iPod in the "My Computer" folder, there is NO iTunes folder with music. There is only Calendar, Notes, Contacts, and Recordings. How do I get my music from this iPod onto my new computer? I have made purchases on this new computer, and have the purchases AND old songs on this iPod. I haven't formatted the iPod since my old laptop was stolen.

iPod nano, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 9:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 1:25 AM

If you have purchased songs from the iTunes Store and are logged into the iTunes Store on the new computer with the same Apple ID, you can transfer those purchased songs from iPod to the iTunes library. The command is under the iTunes File menu, Transfer Purchases from <name of iPod>.

For other songs, there is no way to transfer them from iPod to computer using iTunes. However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer song files from iPod to computer. If you do a Google search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links.

Once the song files are on your computer, add them to your iTunes library, then sync your iPod to the new computer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2012 1:25 AM in response to Gravatt83

If you have purchased songs from the iTunes Store and are logged into the iTunes Store on the new computer with the same Apple ID, you can transfer those purchased songs from iPod to the iTunes library. The command is under the iTunes File menu, Transfer Purchases from <name of iPod>.

For other songs, there is no way to transfer them from iPod to computer using iTunes. However, there are third-party methods and utilities that can transfer song files from iPod to computer. If you do a Google search on something like "ipod transfer," you should get some links.

Once the song files are on your computer, add them to your iTunes library, then sync your iPod to the new computer.

Transferring New music from iPod Nano (3rd Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.