Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previewing iBook from iBookAuthor

I developed a 283 MB iBook using iBook Author and transferred to my IPad but it will not open. I have restarted devices and updated iTunes without resolution of the problem. I would appreciate your help. Thanks.

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:02 AM

You might have better luck posting this in the iBooks support forum - but it sounds like you left out a step before it left your Mac. - How did you export the finished book? What file format is it in?

4 replies

Jul 6, 2012 9:09 AM in response to gyrhead

I submitted my question under iBooks.

I opened my book using iBooks Author. I saved a version. I locked it. Under file, I selected publish. My iPad was connected. From the MacBook, I selected the iPad as the device. My book appears on my iPad but when I try to open, my iPad screen goes to the home screen and the book will not open.

Before completing the book, I often successfully previewed my work in progress. Even now I can preview each chapter successfully. I tried deleting half of the text and previewing this. It would not open on my iPad. Thanks for help.

Previewing iBook from iBookAuthor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.