Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spreadsheet can't be downloaded

I have several Numbers spreadsheets that can't be downloaded...to my Mac via iCloud.com, or to either of my iOS devices. Serval others can be downloaded.

The documents cannot be downloaded in any format, Numbers, Excel, or PDF. I am using the latest versions of all software. Any ideas?

Mac mini (Mid 2011)-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 3:09 AM

It sounds to me as though the document has become corrupt. You can try and download it from one device or another, however this may be unsuccessful.

Whilst it won't help you recover documents that have already become corrupt, can I suggest you get into the habit of backing up your documents in the cloud regularly.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2012 3:09 AM in response to Curtis Tucker

It sounds to me as though the document has become corrupt. You can try and download it from one device or another, however this may be unsuccessful.

Whilst it won't help you recover documents that have already become corrupt, can I suggest you get into the habit of backing up your documents in the cloud regularly.

Jul 6, 2012 11:38 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks for the reminder! Until reading your post I didn't think about my backups.

There was only one critical spreadsheet that could not be easily recreated. I had a recent backup in Dropbox. It is now uploaded to iCloud and I'm back to work.

I have not yet read your iCloud backup tutorial in its entirety. I'll get to that over the weekend. Thanks again.

Spreadsheet can't be downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.