Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong history of purchased item(s) in column "PRICE"

Hi,

I've noticed something within iTunes recently,

Songs bought a few months ago and up until now, still appears as "$#.## BUY" in the price column instead of something like "PURCHASED".

iTunes does not let me see which songs I bought for a given album, as if the purchase history on the itunes servers where erased somehow.

I did not try to "COMPLETE MY ALBUM" to see the reaction. Not sure if some songs will be bought twice.

This information was available recently but disappeared.

Is there some options to setup ?

The only big change on my side, was that I made the switch from PC to Mac, two months ago. I transfered everything manually on iTunes from PC up to my new Mac.

Thank you for sharing your knowledges on this matter.

I am running iTunes 10.6.1(7) 64 bits on an iMac with 10.7.4

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 7:51 AM

7 replies

Jul 7, 2012 4:22 PM in response to varjak paw

Hi,

thanks for responding.

When doing "get info" on some random songs bought previously in my library, I see my name in the "purchased by" field and my email address in the "account name" field. When going in itunes store to check on those selected songs, sometimes I see the mention "PURCHASED" and sometimes I dont in the PRICE column.

Also, when doing "get info" on some other random songs bought previously in my library,

I see another name in the "purchased by" field and my email address in the "account name" field.

When going in itunes store to check on those selected songs, I'm not able to see the mention "PURCHASED" in the PRICE column.

Can it be related to updates made in the "Apple ID Summary" under my "account information" ?

Does it make sense to say that the mention PURCHASED is based on an email address ?

Where does "purchased by" field gets filled from ?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Jul 9, 2012 7:24 AM in response to Cami elppa

when doing "get info" on some other random songs bought previously in my library, I see another name in the "purchased by" field and my email address in the "account name" field. When going in itunes store to check on those selected songs, I'm not able to see the mention "PURCHASED" in the PRICE column.

You will not see "purchased" if you aren't logged into the iTunes Store using the account under which those items were purchased. Each account is completely separate, so you need to log into the iTunes Store using the correct account for redownloading without additional charge to be available for that particular item.

Jul 19, 2012 7:36 PM in response to varjak paw

Hi,

Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately, I'm not setup with iCloud yet. The only button I see under store/purchased in iTunes is "downloaded", no cloud button. It does not allow me to re-download…. until I'm setup in iCloud I guess.

-----------------------------------------

To simplify things :

I have SONG A

Get info gives me :

Purchased by : my son's name (dont ask me how he managed this ! 🙂)

Account Name : my email

"purchased" mentioned ? : yes (ok I can live with that)

--------------------------------------------

I have SONG B

Get info gives me :

Purchased by : my name

Account Name : my email

"purchased" mentioned ? : no (howcome ??)

-----------------------------------------

Song A & B are in my purchased history

When verifying SONG A & B, I was signed in with my AppleID all the time because they were purchased with that AppleID.

I did not checked all my songs in iTunes, but I guess some of them are mixed up.

Two things changed since 9 months :

1- I had to replace my son's name by mine in the "billing address" under "AppleID Summary". It was replaced somehow. But I doubt that this could be it. SONG B should have mentioned PURCHASE because all the correct informations are in place.

2-I moved my iTunes library from Windows to Mac with Migration Assistant without any problems.

Is iCloud going to resolve my problem ?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this matter.

Jul 20, 2012 6:53 AM in response to Cami elppa

You do not need an iCloud account to re-download content you've already purchased. Instructions for redownloading can again be found here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Tracks that are already in your iTunes library will show as "downloaded".

Sorry, but I really don't understand what it is you're trying accomplish. It seems to me like you're overcomplicating matters, but I can't decode what it is you wish to do.

Regards.

Jul 30, 2012 9:28 PM in response to varjak paw

Hi,

thanks for responding.

if you read carefully my last comments, you will find out that what I'm looking, is to find a way to re-gain the mention PURCHASE for songs that I bought. Some of them are missing the PURCHASE mention.

Also, your link suggest an icloud account because all I can see at step 6 in the sub link : "to download previously purchased.....to your computer" is an icloud download button.

From what I see, it does not suggest anything else than having an icloud account. There is no other type of download button.

On my side, I only have a "downloaded" button which does not allow me to re-download.

I will try to contact Apple Support on this matter which seems to be a little bit complicated.

Thanks for all your inputs since the beginning.

Regards

Jul 31, 2012 6:34 AM in response to Cami elppa

I read your comments carefully, and I gave you the link to step-by-step instructions on how to redownload content. No, again, you do not need an iCloud account. Though the symbols are the same, redownloading from the iTunes Store is different and separate from the iCloud service. I suspect the problem is that you have two different accounts in the iTunes Store and that's why you're not seeing all your purchases. You will need to log into each iTunes Store account in turn to see and download everything.

But it's clear we're not communicating well on this issue. So perhaps it would indeed be more effective for someone on the phone to walk you through it. Or you can visit an Apple Store, if there's one near you, for assistance.

Regards.

Wrong history of purchased item(s) in column "PRICE"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.