Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need iOS demo content kit download

Hi all!

My cousing accidentally formatted my demo unit ipod touch 4g, and I need the iOS Demo Content Restore Kit. If anyone knows where I can get it, or if anyone has a download link please post it or email the link to ryan.barber1998@gmail.com. I have alredy done google and bing searches and looked on 20 search pages on google and 12 on bing. (in other words, a lot of search). I appreciate your effort, thank you all. and please respong as soon as possible.

Thanks, Ryan 🙂🙂😉

iTunes 10.6.3.25-OTHER, Windows 7, iOS 5.1.1 Black iPod Touch 4th gen

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2017 10:59 AM

thats internal software, do you have an account on apple sales web? if so you can download something called "demo content installer and restore" if not simply create an account, then download the files you need

i wont share any links for legal reasons but maybe a google search will help you, there are people online who trade internal ipsw and demo backups, maybe they could help you.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2017 10:59 AM in response to boomer98

thats internal software, do you have an account on apple sales web? if so you can download something called "demo content installer and restore" if not simply create an account, then download the files you need

i wont share any links for legal reasons but maybe a google search will help you, there are people online who trade internal ipsw and demo backups, maybe they could help you.

Jul 6, 2012 8:38 AM in response to boomer98

If you're referring to the demo content used for display models in an Apple Store, that is available only to the Apple Store and cannot be downloaded elsewhere. If you're an Apple Store employee using a demo device owned by the Store, talk to your store manager or technical lead. If you're not an Apple employee, then you have no right to the content and cannot get it back (not legally, anyway).

If you're referring to some other content, please explain further.

Regards.

Jul 6, 2012 10:35 AM in response to varjak paw

Well, actually, I own a store in Rochester, New York, but apple gave me nothing.

Apple sent me a "retail readiness kit" but it did not have any demo restore kit and they did not send me demo units, as i have requested them twice. I do have retail units that can become demo units, with the help of that kit.

The guide right from apples website said It can be downloaded publically, which suprided me even, since I tought it was only for our stores. I have contacted the iTunes and iOS tech support departments and even our store tech support branch, and they diddnt have anything.

Thanks, and i hope to see some more responses

Ryan B.

Jul 6, 2012 12:19 PM in response to boomer98

That probably doesn't mean that it's openly available to the general public - that would be highly unusual; I've never seen Apple put any store demo material out on any public web site - but rather that an authorized store can download it from Apple through some reseller-only site. I'd suggest you contact Apple through your reseller channels (none of the support technicians will probably have any idea about reseller promotional materials). No one who responds here will work for Apple, so no one is likely to have a better answer for you.

Regards.

Jul 6, 2012 12:54 PM in response to varjak paw

okay, but apple hasnt set up any channels with me, and i have no way to contact them. I have been selling the retail devices and apple contacts me but i cant contact them and when i do they dont respond. i have had my store for over 2 years now and people want demos.

By the way, it is available for the general public because it said so in the guide itself and i know friends who have retrieved it but they cant remember where and none of them work at an apple store like me. My genius bar knows nothing of it either.

Jul 6, 2012 2:31 PM in response to boomer98

but apple hasnt set up any channels with me, and i have no way to contact them.

You're not an authorized dealer? If you are, then you most certainly should have some sort of contact at Apple's reseller relations group. How are you getting your Apple product for resale?

it is available for the general public because it said so in the guide itself and i know friends who have retrieved it but they cant remember where and none of them work at an apple store like me.

Given that none of us can find an open download of such a thing, I really doubt that to be true, at least not something provided officially by Apple. Your friends may have found an unauthorized source that Apple has since shut down. And no, your Genius Bar will not know of such a thing or won't be authorized to tell you about it.

Nothing more I can say.

Need iOS demo content kit download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.