Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a list of apps with Airplay support for iPad 1 (drawing apps in particular)?

I'm interested in a drawing or painting application that supports Airplay for iPad 1 in hopes to use the iPad as an electronic chalk board when coupled with a big TV. iPad 1 does not support Airplay Mirror so the app itself has to be able to stream screen content (just like iTunes for music on iPad 1). Have been searching for hours. None explicitly say that they do and I can't just buy every application until I find one that suppports airplay. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

iPad

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 8:29 AM

10 replies

Jul 6, 2012 8:31 AM in response to Padin

I dont know about drawing apps. An app will say if it has airplay features. What I learned is it is used as an advertising point for the app(airplay) or it changes your ipad into something different(ie. controller). Any app can be airplayed. All you have to do is double click the home button. Swipe over to the right and you will see new buttons come up. One is the Airplay. Click it to mirrior your Ipad on the apple tv and then open up your drawing app.

Jul 6, 2012 10:29 AM in response to Padin

I have some bad news for you. Of the very few drawing (including even photo retouching apps like iPhoto) apps that do support TV out are either iPad 2+ only (iPhoto) or while supporting wired external monitor connections, don't support the same over AirPlay.

The closest hit is ArtStudio for iPad. On my iPad 1, it works just great over VGA / HDMI (that is, over wires) but not AirPlay. None of the other drawing apps I've tested (ArtRage, Draw! etc.) support external wired monitors, let alone AirPlay ones. iPhoto, in addition to not being a truly painting / drawing app, only shows the results of operations, not even the interim state and is, therefore, completely useless. (And it's iPad 2+ only.)

All in all, upgrade to iPad 2/3 and use AirPlay mirroring.

Jul 6, 2012 1:05 PM in response to Menneisyys

Menneisyys wrote:

BTW< I've sent two mails to the devs of ArtStudio for iPad. Hope they do implement AirPlay support in addition to their wired VGA/HDMI one.

Got an answer from them (I wish all devs would be so quick to answer!): they won't implement AirPlay support for the iPad 1 it as the iPad 1 is both outdated and the existing mirroring was already hard to implement.

Sorry.

Is there a list of apps with Airplay support for iPad 1 (drawing apps in particular)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.