Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport goes blank and says airport card is not installed

Im abel to be connected to airport sometimes but then my airport stops working completly. the airport symbol is blank ( white) and when i hover over it it says its not installed.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 9:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 24, 2012 12:50 PM in response to rachelzapple

After spending hours trying to cure this issue on a late MacBook 2009 unibody I have a solution. If none of the resets and new network profiles listed elsewhere don't work (search airport not installed), they didn't for me and as a cost free last resort gently remove the base popping the clips to release the back. Pop out the Flat end battery connector on the logic board and reconnect. Power up. Look this up on any battery change articles to be sure.

The airport will now connect and appear in the system profiler as a full interface not just the software listed. This solution should cover all the issues related to the crash followed by the airport appearing as 'not installed'

Airport goes blank and says airport card is not installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.