Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPod was originally connect to an old HP. The HP has since died and now I own a Macbook pro. I want to transfer the music from my iPod (originally synced with the HP) to my Macbook Pro. Is this possible without losing the music on my iPod?

my iPod was originally connect to an old HP. The HP has since died and now I own a Macbook pro. I want to transfer the music from my iPod (originally synced with the HP) to my Macbook Pro. Is this possible without losing the music on my iPod?

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 11:21 AM

1 reply

Jul 9, 2012 8:58 AM in response to terrilashae

Your iPod is designed to sync with only one iTunes library at a time. It will recognize the iTunes library on the PC as a new library. If you sync the iPod with this new library, all content will be erased from the iPod and replaced with what is in the new library. So what you will want to do is copy everything from the iPod to your new iTunes library on your PC first.

See this older post from another forum member Zevoneer covering the different methods and software available to assist you with the task of copying content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2452022?start=0&tstart=0

B-rock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.