Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I adjust lighting while filming?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 12:27 PM

Assuming you mean while using the camera app, there is not a light adjustment. To a certain degree, it self adjusts, but if you are filming in low light, you will find the iPad may not be your best option.

9 replies

Jul 7, 2012 6:22 AM in response to Matthew Morgan

Unfortunately, while it can lock the exposure, it still doesn't give you as much freedom as truly exposure locking-capable movie shooter apps like FiLMiC Pro or BetterCam. I'd stick with these two.

Fortunately, FiLMiC Pro has a free version and BetterCam is iAP-based so both can be given a test ride without paying. I've thoroughly tested both on my iPad 2 and they worked just fine.

Both are much more capable than the stock Camera app: higher-framerate videos (see for example http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/87/enhancing-video-camera-iphone-4s-%E2%80%93-par t-ii-incl-reviews-frame-rate-booster-apps-better-camco ), lower-resolution ones etc.

BTW, speaking of lower recording resolution, they do help you with low-light shooting, even on the iPad 2.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.