Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Mountain Lion erase all my photos, iTunes, and Apps?

I just bought the new 13 inch MacBook Pro. I transferred off the white macbook and that was my computer with everything on it meaning photos, iTunes, and apps. The white MacBook had my old account iTunes music and my new account iTunes music. And this was a weekend long process and I don't want to have to wait 90 days to download the music again, so when I upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion, will it erase my music, photos, home movies, and every thing that is personal, and not receivable?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 12:01 PM

No, it shouldn't. I upgraded from 10.6 to 10.7 and lost nothing. Always have a backup just in case.

4 replies

Jul 26, 2012 5:38 AM in response to zacfranklin

I upgraded my MB Pro to Mountain Lion last night. It wiped my machine clean and did a complete default reset! LUCKILY I HAD A FULL TIME MACHINE BACKUP READY! I don't know if there was. Moment when I elected to do a complete reset - don't think there was. I'm doing a restore using the backup now. I need to know, is there. Way of upgrading to 10.8 without a "clean" (total wipe) reset?

Will Mountain Lion erase all my photos, iTunes, and Apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.