Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID will NOT change in App store!

For several months, I have been using my husband's Apple ID to dowload apps onto my phone. Earlier this week, I decided to stand on my own and got my own account (haha), but the App Store will not accept my new ID. I have gone through all of the steps to confirm the account, and it works when I am away from the house, but when at home, his ID takes over! We have deleted his account from Settings>Store, and my account has been added as the only account. We have reset my phone numerous times, but every time I try to update my apps, or download somthing new from the app store, his ID is there!! It won't go away! Help!!!

iPhone, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 1:50 PM

All apps are tied to the apple id you use to download or purchase. so when you need to update an app it will always show your husband's id because thats the id you use to purchase the app.

4 replies

May 6, 2016 8:09 AM in response to razmee209

I realize this is what is happening (in my case it's not my husband's, but one I used for a short time), but how do I fix it? I don't know the password for the Apple ID that the App Store offers me. These are free updates, so it shouldn't even require a password.

Unfortunately, there is no option to change either the Apple ID or the password. Please advise.

Apple ID will NOT change in App store!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.