Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best CRM to integrate with Outlook for Mac 2011?

Hello,

I am rather new to Mac and need to employ a CRM for a new small business. After reading reviews we deciding on using Salesforce.com, since it is web-based and seemed to be the best option for mac users. However, now that we have subscribed to it we have discovered that it does not integrate with Outlook for Mac 2011. Even after inquring on third party apps and plug-ins, it does not appear there is a solution. MailDrop only works with Entourage and MacMail, which we don't use, or want to use. iHance and Riva seemed liked possible choices, however they do not support Salesforce Group Edition, which is what we have. Changing our subscription from Group to Professional edition is a huge jump in price per month. Plus we would most likely need to pay for a monthly app/plug-in fee.

Bottom line, we want to keep using Outlook for Mac 2011 and use an effective CRM. Any constructive advice is welcomed:

• Any third party apps, plugins, work arounds that I may not have mentioned?
  • Any other suggestions for CRMs that integrate well with Outlook for Mac 2011?
  • At it's simpliest level, is there a way to export contacts from Outlook for Mac 2011 into our Salesforce account? If so, I want to make sure to avoid loading duplicates in the future.

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 2:38 PM

3 replies

Oct 16, 2012 6:13 AM in response to FAN-Mac

Well, "feeling your pain" is almost cliche at this point. I imagine every MAC deployed business out there is not completely happy with the SalesForce answer. As a user, the perfect world is to keep using Outlook, have it be a powerful CRM - and not have to leave the MAC OS environment.....

I can tell you the direction I am going in, but I don't have any results as yet. I found a link from a MAC developer that has figured a stable way to do this. With the use of "Parallels" and "MS Dynamics CRM", there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Essentially, you can now have a powerful CRM - without having to leave MS Outlook - and still use your MAC. As I said, I will have to try it myself to comment further, but at least it is one realistic answer to keeping your MAC in the business world.

Here it is: http://www.powerobjects.com/blog/2012/07/02/mac-os-x-and-microsoft-dynamics-crm/

What is the best CRM to integrate with Outlook for Mac 2011?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.