Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable Home folder sharing?

I hope I missed something obvious somewhere, but besides the ongoing permissions-ignored-on-external-drives debacle, I also found another issue that will hopefully have an easier solution:

We have a couple of sharepoints with users specifically set up to access those from the network, and -nothing else-. I created those users via server.app, NOT the regular user panel. Now when I remotely log in as those users, I see that Lion Server went ahead and created local User accounts on the Mac Mini anyway, and offers them up, Documents, Downloads, Public et al, even though again these are supposed to be strictly for sharepoint use, in ACL terms.

Is there somewhere an option to make that distinction, or disable home folders for those users? Is there another workaround short of simply deleting those folders from the terminal (don't know if Lion Server will re-create them automatically again anyway)?

All I could find when searching around is the opposite, i.e. making Home folders available...

Thanks for any help, and sorry if I missed something obvious...

Mac Mini Server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:21 PM

1 reply

Disable Home folder sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.