Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files "not found" after update!

After i updated Aperture, some files apear as preveues but i cannot edit or do anything else because Aperture says "not found" on many files. Does anyone know how i can solve this? It is very important to me because some valuble pictures is sudenly missing. Please help!

G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 1:24 AM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2012 1:37 AM in response to Brasse

Before we can help, we will need to know more about your system:

1. What is your current Aperture version? And from what version did you upgrade? is Mac OS X (10.4.3) correct?
  2. Are the missing images referenced original master image files, or are the managed?
  3. Is your aperture library on an internal or an external volume?

Regards

Léonie

(7,272)

Jul 7, 2012 6:18 AM in response to Brasse

Do you have a backup of your Aperture library from the time before you made the upgrade?

It seems Aperture cant find the original master files or the managed files that the previue is refering to.

I still do not see, how you imported your images. Did you store the original masters inside your Aperture library (managed) or does your Aperture library reference the originals in a folder outside your Aperture library?

If you reference your originals outside the Aperture Library, then you can try to reconnect them:

1. Select the images with missing originals in the Browser.
  2. Then use the command "File" > "Locate Referenced Files" to point Aperture to the missing files; see this page in the User manual: Reconnecting Missing or Offline Referenced Images
  3. To quickly find all referenced files that need reconnecting, create a smart album (File > New > Smart album) with the single, added rule: File Status is "missing" (or offline).

If this does not work, because you have managed originals, inside the Aperture Library, look for your originals in the Aperture Library Package. Select the Library in the Finder and ctrl-click, then select "Show Package Contents" from the pop-up. In the Finder window that opens, navigate to the folder "Masters". Your missing images should be inside; the folder is structured by date of import.

Copy, don't move, the images you want to rescue.

It might be simpler, to start over with a previous backup of your Aperture library. If you have one, post back.

Regards

Léonie

Jul 10, 2012 12:01 AM in response to léonie

I store all my files in my Macbook. I import them directly form my kamera etc. Then i have my Timecapsule for backup.

I have located the missing pic´s. It seems they are locted in the "Masters" folder, just as you suggested. Alltough, there is a lot of sub-folders with just a few pic´s per folder.

This will probably take me a day or two just to copy them back, but in what folder do i place them in?

Do you know what cased this problem to start with? I dont whant to make the same misstake again.

Files "not found" after update!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.