4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 10:53 AM by captfred
yahyasms Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

what is the best way to have usb flash or cd for recovery for my macbook pro?? do i need always if i want to format to download it when i make restart??

note that i upgraded it to

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E2620)

plus i was trying to buy os x lion from apple store but always msg pop up "this version of mac can't be installed on you computer??

now, all i need to have a recovery on cv or flash.... so what to do?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • petermac87 Level 5 Level 5 (5,855 points)

yahyasms wrote:

what is the best way to have usb flash or cd for recovery for my macbook pro?? do i need always if i want to format to download it when i make restart??

note that i upgraded it to

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E2620)

plus i was trying to buy os x lion from apple store but always msg pop up "this version of mac can't be installed on you computer??

now, all i need to have a recovery on cv or flash.... so what to do?

Sorry, please try again. English may not be your native language, but cannot understand a word of what you are trying to say. May be better to post in your native tongue.

Thanks

Pete

• captfred Level 7 Level 7 (26,265 points)

You have a 2012 MBpro with a special hardware build of 10.7.4.  It's only available via Recovery HD until another release comes out that includeds the new drivers.  The store version is to old.

Best thing to do until then is make a clone copy on external disk.

• yahyasms Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thx for your reply, so how can i make a clone copy on external disk? and does this will do the recovery?

• captfred Level 7 Level 7 (26,265 points)

You can use a program like Carbon Copy Cloner to make a bootable copy of your system on an external drive.

Then if you need to recover, you can boot the backup, (Hold the Option key during boot for selection) and then run from your external disk.  This can also be copied back to your internal drive.

http://www.bombich.com/