Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it safe to purchase the MBP Retina 2.6?

Im reading that the battery and USB3 is troubled. I'll be connecting USB2 audio interfaces. Will anything actually work with this beauty?
Is this software related?

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 6:31 AM

I have had my rMBP since June 20th and the only issue I experienced was my right USB 3 port not recognizing USB 3. I easily fixed that issue using one of the solutions in this link.

Other than the above, I have had no issues and am truly enjoying my rMBP! It is totally safe to purchase. Just be aware of some of the issues others are having and their solutions. Also, you have 14 days with which to return the laptop if it's not meeting your needs. Hopefully, you have local Apple Stores nearby in case you need to take it in to be checked.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2012 6:31 AM in response to Morty89

I have had my rMBP since June 20th and the only issue I experienced was my right USB 3 port not recognizing USB 3. I easily fixed that issue using one of the solutions in this link.

Other than the above, I have had no issues and am truly enjoying my rMBP! It is totally safe to purchase. Just be aware of some of the issues others are having and their solutions. Also, you have 14 days with which to return the laptop if it's not meeting your needs. Hopefully, you have local Apple Stores nearby in case you need to take it in to be checked.

Jul 7, 2012 6:35 AM in response to keg55

I've had mine since the Thursday after launch, and I've had no issues with USB 3 fortunately on either side, or any battery issues. My problem is it just force kills processes and puts me at the logon screen randomly. Very frustrating. Still trying to track it down as it seemed linked to VLC but it's been happening even with VLC not running lately... That being said, I love this thing anyway.

Is it safe to purchase the MBP Retina 2.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.