Skip navigation

After upgrade to Lion, iPhone won't charge after Mac goes to sleep

422 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 9:05 AM by Steve Curtis1 RSS
Steve Curtis1 Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 7, 2012 5:57 AM

I did a clean install of Lion, and have run Software Update. There are no problems with the system, but I noticed that when I plug the iPhone in to the Mac, it won't charge when the Mac goes to sleep.

The iPhone gives the normal charging tone when it gets plugged in, and if I l press the Home button, it displays the charging screen. If I select Sleep from the Apple menu, the Mac goes to sleep and the screen on the iPhone blinks on as if not plugged in, showing the normal unlock screen. When I wake the Mac, the phone beeps and shows the charging screen.

Is there a setting I can change to get the iPhone to continue charging after the Mac goes to sleep?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.