6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2012 10:24 AM by rickfromchester
rickfromchester Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked many times before, but I'm not finding the answer when I search for this.

I'm an old guy that doesn't use itunes or our ipods much.  So I'm not real familiar with all the use, downloading, etc. that goes with it.

I have 2 ipods established on my old computer with itunes.  One in my name and the other in my wife's name.  I want un-sync those ipods from the old computer so I can sync them to the new computer.  The last time I tried, the old computer will still turn on.

The old computer has Windows xp.  The new one has Windows 7.

I have not downloaded any music at all (but I do want to download some music when I get this straightened out on my new computer).  My itunes only has cd's that I loaded there.  We both use the same itunes library to load our ipods.

I downloaded itunes on my new computer already.

How do I un-sync the 2 ipods from the old computer so I can sync and use them on the new computer?  Is there a step-by-step link anyone can refer me to?  I need instructions that don't assume I know anything about this.

I'm on some car forums and I know it's a pain when someone asks something that's been covered so many times already.  But, I have searched and I'm not seeing what I need. 

I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Rick

iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009), Windows 7