Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot sign up This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account

tryed signing on to iCloud and getting this message This Apple ID is valid but is not and iCloud account

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 10:00 AM

11 replies

Feb 27, 2013 11:56 AM in response to Francescofromce

An Apple ID is not an "iCloud ID" until it is setup to be used with iCloud. And you need to enable the Apple ID for iCloud on a Mac or iOS device.

Once setup, you can enable iCloud on a PC, but it needs to be setup first.

See Creating an iCloud account: Frequently Asked Questions

Which says in part:

You can sign up for iCloud on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5 or later, or through System Preferences on a Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.4 or later. Just follow the setup instructions for your iOS device or Mac.

ivan

Nov 27, 2013 9:53 AM in response to adam0007

I am having the same problems. I did set up iCloud through an iPad and iTunes faithfully indicates that I have enabled the iPad and iTunes on my PC to the iCloud. In fact from iTunes on any of my authorized computers I can access stuff from iCloud. Yet still, I cannot just sign in to iCould, despite the sign in window that asks me if I want to sign in with my Apple ID.

Come to think of it, would it be necessary to reset my password to include capitals and the other security stuff to use my Apple ID to access iCloud?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. This is most irritating.

Joe

Dec 6, 2013 8:12 AM in response to Csound1

HI All:

I appreciate that iTunes and iCloud are different beasties. My iCloud account was set up through a mini iPad, but honestly I forgot the sign in details. When I go to sign in, however, I am asked to sign in through my Apple ID, which is the same as my iTunes ID; and here is where it gets a little nuts. I have tried the "forgot my password" route but all that does is direct me to changing my Apple ID, and resetting that didn't help me get into iCloud. I keep getting the message that my Apple ID or PW is not correct.

The other thing I have to consider is that I signed up for iCloud with a different user name, in which case how do I figure that one out?

There is not a way from what I can see that allows me to tell iCloud that I have no idea what name I used to sign up with even though I can provide the email attached to the account. Like I said, I keep getting shunted back to my Apple ID which has been reset many times to no avail.

Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

Dec 20, 2014 5:06 AM in response to Drummer Dad

I have the exact same problem. I set up an iCloud account on my iPad but now can't remember which id and password I used. I can get into my apple account on my iMac, but there doesn't seem to be a way to sync it all together from my primary apple account. Meanwhile, the iPad has gone crazy with a popup every 10-20 seconds asking for my iCloud id and password, and when I hit 'forgot' I'm I'm invited to change my primary id and password. Any help with this is most appreciated.

Randy

cannot sign up This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.