Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I repair my Ipod?

I have an iPod classic 80gb video for a long time and it worked perfectly full of music, that is why I neglected the software updates. However , today my iTunes told me I have an error and that I should restore my Ipod.I did just that and it's still saying i have the error. Another thing I've noticed is that at the About section it tells me I have available space of 159gb , which is impossible since the back cover says clearly 80gb. My question is if I can repair this problem? Is it a software or a hardware problem? and most important , should I keep it or throw it away?

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 10:46 PM

Is the iPod Classic a refurbished or used when you got it?

The iPod software have been known to be corrupted, and a Restore would fix the problem, unless the Hardisk is problematic.

Do theiPod Disk Diagnostic as posted earlier by tt2, it wont fix your problem, but help in troubleshooting.

1 reply

Can I repair my Ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.