Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I downloaded the latest version of 10.7.4 and now I get the message that Safari cannot communicate with iPhoto and I also get asked to Quit or Upgrade Photo Library, but it is frozen. Now what?

I downloaded the latest version of 10.7.4 after hearing about the malware and now I am getting this msg "The photo library needs to be upgraded to work this version of iPhoto, will not be readable by previous versons of iPhoto after the upgrade. The process may take an hour. I hit 'quit' and it won't do anything, his 'upgrade' and it won't do anything. This is after I upgraded and a result of my trying to download a photo.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 12:32 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2012 2:00 PM in response to suzanne51

Backing up have nothing to do with iPhoto - it is makeing a backup copy of the iPhoto library

Back up your iPhoto library

This can be a simple as selecting the iPhoto library and depressing the command key and pressing d to duplicate it

however you must always have a good backup - if you do not you are 100% guarenteed to lose alll of yoruufiles and photos sooner or later

LN

I downloaded the latest version of 10.7.4 and now I get the message that Safari cannot communicate with iPhoto and I also get asked to Quit or Upgrade Photo Library, but it is frozen. Now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.