4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2012 5:20 PM by Tawnii
WDE2015 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

Starting today my iPhone 4S will not conect to my Wifi. I've owned the phone since its 2011 fall release and have never had a wifi connection problem. Here are some troubleshooting ideas I have tried (all failed):

1. Turn Power On/Off
  2. Reset Network Settings
  3. Reset router and modem
  4. Forget Network

It is not the network's fault since my mac and iPad are successfully connected with no problems. Any more ideas would be great!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, Black
  • Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (123,370 points)

Any problem connecting your iPhone to any other wi-fi network besides your own?

If so, this leans towards your iPhone having a hardware problem.

Try restoring your iPhone with iTunes as a new iPhone or not from the backup. If no change after that, more than likely your iPhone has a hardware problem with the wireless card or something else especially if you have the same problem with any other network besides your own.

• WDE2015 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)

I tried Restoring to factory defaults and that did not work. I tried connecting to my neighbors network (it worked, but only for about 5 seconds then Timed Out)

• Allan Sampson Level 10 Level 10 (123,370 points)

If no change after restoring the iPhone as a new iPhone or not from the backup, the iPhone has a hardware problem with the wireless card or something else. The iPhone includes a one year warranty.

• Tawnii Level 2 Level 2 (190 points)

It could be the strength of your neighbors network. Try taking it to a local cafe with WiFi if you do not have your own WiFi network. I bet it connects as Allan was spot on.