Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you restore a book when it doesn't show up in your "previously purchased"

I recently had to do a full RESET on my ipad2. Before I did this I did a complete back up to the cloud (as recommended by Apple). This worked fine (for the most part) as I then did a reset and then a restore from the cloud. Everything came back except a book I purchased from iTunes. It says you can restore any books you purchased by just going back to itunes, going to your "purchased" button and find the book, then redownload it. Well that's all well and good, but the book is GONE! It's not showing up as purchased, but I DID purchase it from itunes. It says you can't do it if the book is no longer in itunes but that isn't the case, the book IS still available in iTunes. ??????? I paid good money for this book, where is it and how do I get it back? Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.1.x), Snow Leapord (I think it's 10.1?)

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 3:36 PM

4 replies

Jul 7, 2012 5:18 PM in response to TooDarkPark

Does the iCloud retain info for five minutes? Because that's how long it was there before I did the restore. I hadn't backed anything up to the cloud till I needed to do the reset on my iPad, so I backed it all up to the iCloud, the did the reset then immediately restored the info from the cloud. How long can we count on the info still being there, 20 - 30 seconds? Why didn't my audiobook come back, and why is iTunes not showing that I previously purchased it? I got it from iTunes and had listened to 3/4 of the book on my iPad before I did the reset. Apple says I can retrieve it again from my "purchased" area, but it doesn't even show up as purchased! They certainly were happy to take my money when I downloaded it!

Jul 7, 2012 6:17 PM in response to TooDarkPark

Well of course not, why would it show up under purchases after you purchase it. Oh and why would iCloud back it up, that's just crazy talk. Just think of all the space we could have if iCloud didn't back anything up... I think I'll suggest that to apple. I'm sure they don't have agreements with publishing companies (thanks for that).

How else could I have backed up the audiobook?

How do you restore a book when it doesn't show up in your "previously purchased"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.